Business & Commercial Insurance
Business & Commercial Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Business & Commercial Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Business & Commercial Insurance Information
The metropolitan area in and around Tampa is the second-largest in Florida. It continues to grow by leaps and bounds, and has one of the most-diverse economies in the Sunshine State. Not only is it home to the state’s second-largest agricultural sector, but it also boasts large trade and business markets.
Business owners who want to insure their operations can look no further than Fearnow Insurance. We understand how much trust our clients put in us to find them precise, unique coverage. All of our policies come from name-brand, trusted providers that will always offer customers specified coverage and favorable premium incentives, backed by excellent customer service.
What is Business Insurance?
Business insurance will help you receive financial assistance in case of sudden, accidental or unpreventable mishaps that impact operations. Coverage is important to have because:
- Many policies are required by industry regulators and Florida law.
- It will help you avoid having to pay out-of-pocket following costly damage or losses.
- If you face lawsuits, then your insurance might cover your defense costs and settlements.
With your policy, you won’t have to put hard-earned money on the line as you try to recover from problems like property damage, injuries to employees or customers, or sudden closures. You’ll have help available in critical situations where your business needs financial assistance.
What Coverage Should I Buy?
Business insurance is a very diverse network of policies, so you’ll likely need a package of different coverage options to effectively meet your needs. You can generally choose from two types of packages:
- BOPs: BOP is an abbreviation of business owners policy. This is a package that is great for small business owners. It will contain several of the most-critical types of commercial policies.
- Commercial Policy Packages (CPPs): These policy packages will also provide you with multiple types of commercial insurance. However, you have leeway to pick and choose which coverage you want. CPPs are often great advantages for larger businesses that don’t qualify for BOPs.
What will my BOP include?
BOPs usually offer several standard types of coverage:
- Property Insurance: Coverage will pay to repair your company buildings in the event of damage.
- Contents Coverage: Possessions like products, furnishings and equipment will have coverage.
- General Liability Insurance: If your commercial mistakes harm third parties, this coverage can cover those parties’ injury or property damage costs. Liability policies can also help you cover legal expenses should lawsuits arise from claims.
- Business Income Insurance: This coverage will help you recover money lost due to a sudden closure, such as a shut-down while the business undergoes repairs following a fire.
What can I add to a CPP?
CPPs will offer all the policies covered by a BOP, but you can also expand it with other protection like:
- Inland Marine Insurance: If you deliver cargo, haul equipment, or ever take possession of your clients’ belongings, then this coverage can pay if those items get damaged on your watch.
- Errors & Omissions Insurance: Also called E&O protection, this coverage will help you pay for customer financial losses that your professional advice or service mistakes cause.
- Cyber Liability Insurance: Damage to or theft of company data might challenge both the company and its customers. This coverage can help you settle costs of those losses.
- Equipment Breakdown Coverage: In case of a failure of company machinery or equipment, this coverage can help you afford to repair the damage.
- Personal Liability Insurance: This is a broad set of coverage that will apply if others claim you committed acts like libel, slander, advertising injury, copyright infringement and more.
- Employment Practices Liability Insurance: EPLI policies will pay if a current, former or prospective employee alleges actions like discrimination, harassment and related occurrences during their interactions with the business.
Ask your insurance agent if you can add other policies into your BOP or CPP, or if you must buy them separately. Additional policies to consider are:
- Commercial Auto Insurance: Private auto policies won’t cover those who drive for business. Instead, commercial auto policies can help you protect drivers, vehicles and your business
- Workers’ Compensation: Coverage provides income, medical bill assistance or death benefits in case an employee sustains an injury on the job. Nearly all Florida businesses have to buy workers’ compensation for both full-time and part-time employees.
- Key Person Insurance: In the event that a critical employee, like the business owner, passes away, this coverage will work like life insurance to compensate the business for the loss.
- Umbrella Liability Insurance: If a liability claim exceeds the limits of your standard policy, this coverage can also assist in covering the outstanding liability costs.
How Can You Help Me?
Once we know where your insurance needs lie, your dedicated Fearnow Insurance agent can help you string together coverage that will wrap your business in effective protection at all times. Our goal is to help you find the one that offers all the perks of strong coverage, but won’t break your budget.
So, don’t hesitate to contact us at phone number 813-689-8878 or get a free policy quote online right now!
Business Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click the following link to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.